UX Design Lead
Eclipse Product Development: April 2018 – Present
- Responsibilities include UX & UI design, prototyping, client relations, development support, human factors / usability testing, process governance and documentation for various client projects in the Medical, Life Sciences and Consumer Health sectors
- Designer and co-inventor of two large volume infusion pumps (LVPs) capable of delivering multi-channel infusion therapy to patients in a controlled, efficient, and safe manner using a variety of system-level and user configured program options
- Designed desktop interface for 3D navigation system to guide surgeons performing VATS lung resection surgery to minimize healthy tissue loss while maintaining safe margins.
- Designed mobile interface for wearable ECG monitoring system to provide health condition feedback to patients while letting them log symptoms.
- Designed mobile interface for a rapid point of care (POC) in vitro diagnostic tool, which detects protein biomarkers that predict the severity of traumatic brain injuries within minutes so that proper care can be administered without delay.
- Designed embedded user interface for a respiratory support ventilator that monitors patient respiratory system and delivers controlled, heated and humidified, oxygenated therapy to a patient.
- Usability testing on OTC products for flu test and blood collection, and clinical infusion therapy devices.
Lead User Experience Designer (Contract)
FIRST® Inspires: January 2017 – April 2018
- Redesigned three primary online sites for creation and management of team membership, event volunteering, and student/parent participation within FIRST® robotics programs
- Conducted heuristic evaluations of current products to identify usability problems in the interface design
- Designed new user interfaces and interaction models to improve usability and alignment with the strategic goals of stakeholders and the four different robotics programs
- Created interactive prototypes to demonstrate key aspects of the design to a level necessary to test hypotheses of usability improvements
- Recruited and moderated usability testing of new designs and created report of findings and recommendations
Lead User Experience Designer (Contract)
DEKA Research & Development: October 2014 – January 2017
- Lead and mentored a team of 4 junior UX Designers in the creation of artifacts for an enterprise level medical software suite used for increased safety and control in the delivery of medications, management of inventory, provisioning, monitoring, and updating of several counterpart hardware platforms
- Worked closely with Product Owners to clarify and revise product requirements and functional specifications to arrive at a state of readiness for UX Team to deliver accurate and effective solutions
- Created storyboards, task flow diagrams, wireframes and interactive prototypes which were used for requirements validation, client presentations, usability testing, and development team knowledge transfer
- Defined and managed UX team processes, tools, governance, and integration with an agile environment used by 4 development teams
- Improved development team sprint velocity while reducing iterative cycle count and software bugs
User Experience Design Consultant
RPS Interactive, LLC.: March 2012 – Present
- Consultant for clients ranging from small startups to large corporations for websites, web applications and offline products
- Deliverables ranged from low to high-fidelity artifacts including fully annotated wireframes, interaction design, conditional logic, and UI layout
- Created low and high-fidelity interactive prototypes for usability testing
- Handled all aspects of client relations from the initial sales call to project completion (i.e. writing proposals, defining business goals, project requirements, stakeholder interviews, weekly update meetings, etc.).
User Experience Designer
WSI Corp (The Weather Channel, IBM Corp.): March 2014 – October 2014
- Created the interaction design for new and existing features for desktop software used by Commercial Aviation Dispatchers and Air Traffic Coordinators to providing situational awareness and decision support
- Redesigned the WSI e-commerce website for the purchase and management of software product subscriptions resulting in an improved user experience
- Conducted user research including qualitative onsite interviews and quantitative online surveys to identify environmental constraints, primary and secondary task flows, and use cases
- Collaborated with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to define detailed product requirements and conceptualize preliminary design considerations
Russound FMP, Inc.: Jan 2004 – March 2012
- Designed interfaces for Apple iOS, computer software applications, touch-screens, and keypad products using various user interface design methods including: sketching, wireframing, low & high fidelity prototyping (i.e. sketches, clickable PDFs, and coded prototypes)
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative user research using a variety of methods from ethnographic interviews, focus groups, and online surveys
- Simultaneously managed 4-8 products in active development at any given time, while maintaining a portfolio of over 50 actively selling products
- Managed and oversaw product launch activities, negotiated licensing contracts, managed third party product compliance testing and certification, and was responsible for profit and loss throughout product’s lifecycle
- Interactive Prototyping
- User Research
- Journey Maps
- Task Analysis / Diagrams
- Information Architecture
- Usability Testing
- Product Management
- Process & Governance
- Experienced Leader & Mentor
- Public Speaking
- Axure RP
- Adobe Illustrator
- UX Certificate Program (2013) Bentley University, Waltham, MA
- Clinical Investigator Certificate (2023) CITI Program
- Certified Scrum Master (2012) Scrum Alliance, Inc.
- Product Management (2011) Pragmatic Institute, Scottsdale, AZ