User Experience Designer (Contract): FIRST Inspires
January 2017 – April 2018
- Redesigned the three primary subsystems for FIRST robotics programs pertaining to creating / leading teams, volunteering at events, and student / parent participation
- Conducted heuristic evaluations of current products and design concepts
- Interviewed internal stakeholders from Program Directors and Business Analysts to Customer Support and Development teams
- Designed new user interfaces and interaction models to improve usability and alignment with the strategic goals of four different robotics programs
- Presented concepts and evaluation results to executive level stakeholders
- Created interactive prototypes using Axure to demonstrate and test designs
- Interacted with development teams daily to ensure proper design implementation
- Conducted usability testing of new designs with new users and created report of findings with recommended changes
User Experience Design Consultant: RPS Interactive, LLC.
March 2012 – Present
Client list: Rapid Insight, Proximity Lab, Pradco Outdoor Brands, Frosthub, SalesGoose
- Worked with startups and large companies to create the interaction design for websites, web applications and offline products.
- Conducted thorough expert reviews on existing interfaces to uncover and document potential usability issues and recommendations for resolving them.
- Created task flow diagrams to document use cases, page flows, and business processes.
- Sketched interface designs for quick iterations prior to creating annotated wireframes detailing all interactions and functionality
- Created interactive prototypes
- Handled all client relations and communications during each project; from the initial sales call to project completion (i.e. writing proposals, defining business goals and project requirements, stakeholder interviews, weekly update meetings, follow-ups after project completion, etc.).
User Experience Designer (Contract): DEKA Research & Development
October 2014 – January 2017
- Lead and mentored team of 4 junior UX Designers in the creation of artifacts for an enterprise level medical software suite used for increased safety and control in the delivery of medications, management of inventory, provisioning, monitoring, and updating of several counterpart hardware platforms
- Worked closely with Product Owners to clarify and revise product requirements and functional specifications to arrive at a state of readiness for UX Team to deliver accurate and effective solutions
- Created user storyboards, task flow diagrams, wireframes and interactive prototypes which were used for requirements validation, client presentations, usability testing, and development team knowledge facilitation
- Defined and managed UX team processes, tools, governance, and integration into an agile environment that supported 4 different development teams
- Improved development team sprint velocity while reducing iterative cycle count and software bugs
User Experience Designer: WSI Corp
March – October 2014
- Created the interaction design for new and existing features for desktop software used by Commercial Aviation Dispatchers and Air Traffic Coordinators providing situational awareness and decision support. I used a combination of research and best practices to shape designs and when possible, developed new information architecture to improve the product’s overall usability.
- Redesigned the WSI e-commerce website for the purchase and management of software product subscriptions.
- Conducted research including onsite interviews of key users and online surveys to identify environmental constraints, primary and secondary task flows, and use cases to make better-informed design decisions for new features and existing feature enhancements.
- Collaborated with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to define detailed product requirements and conceptualize preliminary design considerations.
- Worked in an agile environment consisting of 2-week sprints and quarterly releases based on iterative development.
Product Manager: Russound FMP, Inc.
Jan 2004 – March 2012
- Designed interfaces for Apple iOS, computer software applications, touch-screens, and keypad products using various user interface design methods including: sketching, wireframing, low & high fidelity prototyping (i.e. sketches, clickable PDFs, and coded prototypes), and iterative usability testing.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative user research using a variety of methods from ethnographic interviews, focus groups, and online surveys to develop an understanding of consumer wants and needs. From this research, I developed user personas, which were referenced later during the creation of use cases, and user task flows.
- Managed 4-8 products in active development, while maintaining over 50 actively selling products. I created business case requirements, marketing communications collateral materials, managed and oversaw product launch activities, negotiated licensing contracts, managed third party product compliance and certifications, and was responsible for profit and loss throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- Co-inventor of the Russound ComPoint premier intercom system, which provided award-winning, innovative solutions for both stand-alone applications and integrated multi-room audio systems. US Patent 8,189,753
- Task analysis
- Flow maps
- Usability testing
- User research
- Agile (Cert Scrum Master)
- Experienced team leader
- Process and Governance
- Public speaking and presenting
- Axure RP
- Adobe Photoshop
- TechSmith Camtasia
- User Experience Certificate (December 2013) Bentley University, Waltham, MA
- Certified Scrum Master (May 2012) Scrum Alliance, Inc.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (August 2011) Practical Product Management, Scottsdale, AZ
- New Hampshire UXPA Board Member
- Boston UXPA Volunteer